An Employment Practices Liability (EPL) policy covers the Insured company against its legal liability for unfair labour practices.
- It will cover the Insured against awards made by the CCMA, Labour Court, Appeal Court and Bargaining Councils. This includes:
- Back pay in the event of reinstatement
- Cover includes legal defence costs which arise from the time the employee notifies the CCMA or Bargaining Council of a dispute.
- Costs for running the company’s internal disciplinary hearing are not covered.
- Cover includes the employee’s legal costs should the court make a costs award against the Insured.
- Cover includes claims by past employees, current employees and job applicants.
- Includes actions brought by temporary employees and contractors who claim to be employees.
- Includes cover for out of court settlements (provided the Insurer agrees).
Employment Practices Liability