- The applied electronics policy specifically excludes the cost of
- restoring data, or
- down-time due to viruses and hacking, or
- the costs caused by computer software defects (bugs).
- The abovementioned items are generally covered by covered by the cyber risks policy.
- By contrast, the cyber risks policy excludes cover for physical damage to computer hardware. This is generally covered by the electronics insurance.
- A cyber risks also covers other risks not normally found on an electronics policy such as third party liability caused by the Insured’s failure to protect third party personal information.